I love We-Do, You-Do Activities!
It gives the students notes and an assignment all in one and scaffolds the concepts in a way that reinforces learning! This We-Do, You-Do assignment is a review over the geometry concepts in 6th grade. It is best for reviewing for a unit test or State Test.
This page can be used as notes, an assignment, or as a whole class activity.
The concept is easy. You all work on the first questions in a row together. After the students have been reminded of a concept, they have only a few minutes to work on two similar problems on their own. After the time is up, the whole class checks those questions and you move on to the next row/concept.
Here are the concepts covered in this activity...
- Converting Units (one-step and two-step)
- Finding Area of Triangles, Parallelograms, and Trapezoids
- Finding the Volume of a Rectangular Prism and finding the width or height when given the volume.
- Identifying Coordinate Points and Quadrants
- Triangle Angle Sum
- Triangle Inequality Theorem
- Ordering Triangle Side Lengths
Visit The Math Huddle for more resources