Students explore life in the Greek city-states of Athens and Sparta as they complete this digital lesson. All of the components of the learning process are included in this interactive activity. Students will have the opportunity to engage, explore, explain, extend, and evaluate their understanding as 21st century learners.
- To engage students in the activity, they complete a short quiz to determine if they would have been an Athenian or a Spartan.
- They then explore a variety of resources to learn about life in each city-state.
- Students explain their learning by completing a chart describing the different parts of each city-state, including geography, government, education, economy, and the treatment of women and slaves.
- To extend their learning, students choose from a variety of activities using numerous learning styles. There are two versions of this part of the Hyperdoc that can be used to differentiate based on the needs of your students.
- Students evaluate which city-state would be best to live in.
This resource includes both a Word and a Google Doc version of the Hyperdocs. You will get a link to the Google Doc version of this activity. It will ask you to make a copy of the document when you open it. You will then be able to edit the document if desired. You can share the document with students or post it as an assignment on Google Classroom. If you assign it through Classroom, be sure to click the "copy for each student" option.
***This activity is ready for use in a Distance Learning classroom.***