Business Cycles in the US!!!
Poster Project or Google Classroom Assignment!!!
Students will utilize their understanding of business cycle, the various economic indicators, as well as fiscal and monetary policy to create a macroeconomic policy making and business cycle poster.
Business cycles are the rise and fall in production output of goods and services in an economy. The stages in the business cycle include expansion, peak, recession or contraction, depression, trough, and recovery. Business cycles are measured by the National Bureau of Economic Research in the United States. It is the job of the Federal Reserve and the Federal Government to stabilize the economy through the tools of monetary and fiscal policy.
Included are the following resources:
- Teacher Instructions for project
- Student instructions and requirements
- Poster format for poster or Google Classroom Activity
- Card scenarios for researching business cycles in US History
- Sample projects to act as a model
- Link for Google Classroom version of the assignment
Check out Teach Me Economics for more resources.