❤❤ Now with complete lesson plans! ❤❤
Check out Becky G's STEM Store for more resources.
Complete NGSS aligned unit covering 5-ESS23! Print and go packet includes everything you need with very little prep and materials! Save yourself time while engaging your students in NGSS! Unit includes everything from daily warm-ups to differentiated unit tests and everything in between! Power point included with terminology, beautiful color pictures and engaging daily warm-ups. 110 high quality pages!
Product includes a station activity in which students form small groups to read about current environmental solutions happening around the world. After a group discussion students complete a brief summary and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the solution. After the stations are complete, student groups choose one of the stations to take a step further and brainstorm ways to make the solution even better for the environment. Engaging and collaborative!
• Renewable and nonrenewable resources
• Human activities that affect the environment
• Protecting the environment
• Daily warm-ups
• Guided notes for each chapter
• Reading passages with comprehension questions
• Engaging activities for each chapter
• Poster project with grading rubric
• Resource sustainability game
• Modeling pollution demonstrations and activity
• Make your own word search
• Quick check quizzes
• Differentiated unit test
• Teachers guide with tips, suggestions and answer key
• Complete lesson plans
• Supports ELA and math Common Core!
Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) changes the paradigm of how science is taught. NGSS employs three dimensions when examining scientific phenomena; scientific practices, core ideas and crosscutting concepts. This unit is fully aligned with NGSS and is designed with three distinct dimensions in place:
- Students will obtain, evaluate and communicate information to explain phenomena or solutions to problems.
- Product was carefully developed to
fully cover ESS3 Earth and Human Activity.
- Unit is aligned with concepts of scale, proportion and quantity as well as systems and system models.
Obtain and combine information about ways individual communities use science ideas to protect earth’s resources and environment.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used.
- Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
- Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text based on specific information in the text.
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area.
- Draw on information from multiple print or digital sources, demonstrating the ability to locate an answer to a question quickly or to solve a problem efficiently.
- Compare and contrast the overall structure (e.g., chronology, comparison, cause/effect, problem/solution) of events, ideas, concepts, or information in two or more texts.
- Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.
- Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.