Are your students learning about Christmas customs and traditions from around the world? Then THIS is the product for you! It contains four fabulous folktales from different countries--Germany, France, Bulgaria, and Norway! These folktales include challenging vocabulary words and plenty of parts, so that all students can be actively involved in the Reader's Theater experience! A great way for students to increase their comprehension and fluency while learning about social studies concepts! Your students will read "The Terrible Trolls of Norway", "The Brave Little Girl and the Ice Queen" (Bulgaria), "The Wooden Shoes" (France), as well as "The Spiders' Surprise", which is a folktale from Germany. Illustrated with bright, colorful clip art, these treasured folktales will excite kids about reading in those sometimes challenging weeks before winter break!
Also included are:
- An anchor chart about the elements of a folktale
- A map showing the country where each folktale originated
- Vocabulary cards for each Reader's Theater to post on the board or wall
- Fun and enriching vocabulary activities and worksheets for students to complete!
- A great way to excite your students about writing their own folktales!
"The Terrible Trolls of Norway" has parts for 17 students.
"The Brave Little Girl and the Ice Queen" has parts for 19 students.
"The Wooden Shoes" has parts for 10 students.
"The Spiders' Surprise" has parts for 12 students.
Be sure to search "Robin's Nest" for other great products!