For more awesome lessons and fun see my store at:
Explore the town of Sleepy Hollow and learn about the legend of the Headless Horseman this October and Halloween with your middle and high school students in this FREE Virtual Field Trip in New York! Novel study activities plus movie questions and notes and town tour included!
This lesson includes printable PDF version and a Google Classroom Ready to go Activity!
Take a Virtual Field Trip:
- Take a tour in 360 through Sleepy Hollow town
- Watch a video about the history of the story and author
- Watch the Legend of the Headless Horseman Disney short movie
- Read the story of the Headless Horseman with included book link free
- Take a 360 bike tour in VR through the Sleepy Hollow Bridge & Cemetary
This product includes all of the following plus more:
- Free product code for teachers (a 2 Dollar Value from my store)
- Teacher instructions and differentiation ideas
- Student instructions
- Virtual Field Trip go page (links to field trip activities) lots of great links!
- Trip Overview Summary and prediction Page
- Video Notes to guided learning questions
- 360 Tour: Guiding questions notes pages
- Story overview summary page after video watching
- Comprehension check and Assessment
- Legend of the Sleepy Hollow summary writing task
- Character creative writing task letter writing page
- Setting and Character analysis- newspaper article writing task
- Comparison task - Headless Horseman
- Summary of VR 360 findings snapshot page
- Overview of learning and summary of understanding page
- Student assessment/learning check
- Grading Rubric
- Answer Key
- Assessment Answers
- Connect with me pages to learn more and TeachWithBri
Check out a freebie from this series and other great freebies from my store to see the types of activities included in virtual field trips.
Love this lesson? Be sure to check out more great resources from my store and FOLLOW ME FOR WEEKLY FREEBIES! (That's right, I strive to post a new free product each and every week, so be sure to click the star to follow me above!) Follow along with my lessons and see great learning in action on Pinterest https://fi.pinterest.com/TeachwithBri12/
*Note due to the nature of this resource (for example discussion of death, cemeteries, etc) it recommended to review all materials before use with students and this is not meant for younger students (middle and high school grades).
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great lesson and my students enjoyed it.