Take a trip to Transylvania in Romania to explore Draculas Bran castle! Learn all about Vlad and what inspired the novel of vampires by Bram Stoker. Perfect for Halloween in high school and middle school or anytime! Learn the history behind the vampire legend. This exciting product includes both printable PDF versions and digital version meant for google classroom!
Take a Virtual Field Trip:
- Take a tour completely in 360 of the famous Bran castle
- Watch a video behind the scenes of the castle
- Watch a video and learn the history of Vlad "Dracula"
- Hear a TEDedu talk explaining what started the Vampire myth
- Explore website included links to learn about the Bran castle history
For more awesome lessons and fun see my store at:
This product includes all of the following plus more:
- Free product code for teachers (a 2 Dollar Value from my store)
- Teacher instructions and differentiation ideas
- Student instructions
- Virtual Field Trip go page (links to field trip activities) lots of great links!
- Trip Overview Summary and prediction Page
- Video Notes to guided learning questions for TED Edu talk
- 360 Tour: Guiding questions notes pages
- Video Notes: behind the Dracula Myth guiding questions
- Dracula Castle timeline and history sort activity
- Dracula and Bran Castle learning check and assessment
- Vampire myth writing summarization task
- Unit terms meaning find activity
- Application creative writing task
- Romania map labeling worksheet
- Myth behind Dracula cause and effect fill in the boxes task
- Comprehension writing task- newspaper article from the time period
- Compare and contrast exercise- Vlad vs "Dracula"
- Vlad summarization and description worksheet
- Summary of VR 360 findings snapshot page
- Overview of learning and summary of understanding page
- Student assessment/learning check
- Grading Rubric
- Answer Key
- Assessment Answers
- Connect with me pages to learn more and TeachWithBri
Check out a freebie from this series and other great freebies from my store to see the types of activities included in virtual field trips.
Love this lesson? Be sure to check out more great resources from my store and FOLLOW ME FOR WEEKLY FREEBIES! (That's right, I strive to post a new free product each and every week, so be sure to click the star to follow me above!) Follow along with my lessons and see great learning in action on Pinterest https://fi.pinterest.com/TeachwithBri12/
*Note due to the nature of this resource (for example discussion of death, vampires, etc) it recommended to review all materials before use with students and this is not meant for younger students (middle and high school grades).