Looking for an engaging, interactive, and self-checking way for students to practice 1st grade math data and graphing skills? This summer beach themed graphing Boom Card deck is just that! With 40 cards in the deck and LOADS of different question and activity types, students will have a blast reinforcing and enhancing their picture graphing skills.
Included in this deck are:
- 40 Interactive Summer Beach themed Boom Cards which can be used with Google Classroom
- 15 Cards are set to show randomly during each play to allow for multiple plays with a different variety and order each time!
- 3 Categories/Beach Objects per graph
- 20 Cards with: Sand Buckets, Sandcastles, Beach Balls
- 20 Cards with: Umbrellas, Sunglasses, Surf Boards
Question types include (and should be able to be read by student):
- How many of each object is at the beach?
- How many more?
- How many less?
- Which object is seen most at the beach?
- Which object is seen least at the beach?
Activity Types include:
- Type numbers to show how many of each object, how many more __ than __, how many less __ than __.
- Drag and drop numbers to show how many of each object, how many more __ than __, how many less __ than __.
- Drag objects from the scene to complete a picture graph.
- Drag objects to complete a MYSTERY GRAPH then type how many of each.
- Vertical and horizontal picture graphs for each activity type.
Ideas for use:
- Distance learning
- Math workstations
- Intervention or Enrichment depending on grade and skill level.
- Spiral Review
- Practice after introducing picture graphs
- Assessment tool
Grade level: The question types in this deck are aligned with the first grade Common Core Standards, however this deck can be used with other grades depending on their skill level. Students should be able to read simple directions to complete this deck.
Students can access this resource through a multitude of technologies, including a computer, laptop, iPad, Smart Board, etc.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details:http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
- Sight Word Whiz EDITABLE | 100 High-Frequency Words
- CVC Words Sort and Write | CVC Words Activities | Cut and Paste
- Beginning Digraph Activities SH TH CH PH WH KN
Thank you for considering adding this resource to your teacher toolbox. Please be sure to check out Hustle and Heart in Elementary for more resources!
With hustle and heart,