This product provides a structured approach in teaching children initially how to turn active sentences into passive sentences through a step by step guided. Following this, and plenty of practice to embed the skills, the children then turn passive sentences into active sentences.
We have used this product with our children before completing the product and were amazed at how quickly the children were able to learn this grammar skill. Not only that, but an added benefit was engaging the children in learning to identify active and passive sentences within books and their own writing. They were able to edit sentences in their own writing and include more passive sentences as a way of controlling their own written work.
We think that this resource is useful for all teachers trying to address the objective of the active and passive voice in writing.
The product includes:
- Step by step guide in demonstrating to children (and adults) how an active sentence can be turned into a passive sentence by identifying the two nouns in the sentence, then flipping the nouns positions and finally rewriting the sentence to ensure it makes sense.
- Two further examples of changing one sentence to another
- 12 sentences with step-by-step reminders on the process of changing from active to passive
- 4 more sentences with no support for the children to embed their skills.
- 2 sentences with support to change from passive to active
- 8 sentences for children to practice and embed changing from passive to active
We have included two versions of the file in the download - a PDF for use and also an editable PowerPoint activity, which allows the user to be able to edit the sentences and add further sentences to be able to use day after day after day until your children are secure in their learning.
We hope that you find this product as useful as we did with our students.
Thank you for visiting our store