There are plenty of worksheets included in this product for your students to practice their math skills throughout the year.
All worksheets contain problems involving the fictional Roundwood Camp and the 7 Roundwood Camp leaders.
There are 23 camping-themed worksheets in this product. (Worksheets come in black and white.)
Use at a math center, for individual/partner practice, or as a small group activity.
Included: 17 Word problem worksheets. Most of the word problems align with the 3rd-grade math CCSS.
(Solve one-step and multi-step problems)
Most of the word problems cover the following skills:
- Add and subtract within 1000.
- Multiply and divide within 100.
- Tell time to the nearest 5-minute. Also includes quarter to and quarter past the hour.
- Measure intervals of time - elapsed time.
Additional skills included:
- Round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
- Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range of 10-90.
- Interpret data presented on a line plot - scale is marked off in whole numbers, halves, and quarters.
- Add and subtract money amounts – (Not a 3rd-grade CCSS)
There are informational pages (camping scenes) that go with the word problem worksheets. Each word problem is missing some information. Students look at the informational pages to find the missing information. The answer keys for the word problems show the answers and steps needed to solve each problem. ALL CAMPING SCENE PAGES COME IN COLOR AND BLACK AND WHITE.
Camping scenes include:
- Tent and Cart Rentals with Rocky
- Boat Rentals and Fishing at Roundwood Camp Lake with River and Rodney
- Camp Activities with Ranger Ricky
- Ziplining and Hiking with Rip and Ranger Ricky
- Campfire Entertainment with Ray
- Horseback Riding and Parties with Rowdy
- Roundwood Camp Café Menu
Also included: 6 additional camping worksheets - Come in color and b/w.
- Count money less than $1.00 - camping riddle (Not a 3rd-grade CCSS)
- Place value - standard form, expanded form, word form - camping riddle
- 3-digit subtraction with regrouping - camping riddle
- Telling time to the nearest minute - camping riddle
- Picture graph - Animal Watch
- Line plot - Lengths of fish
- A page with the camp leaders - optional for a display/math center
- A page describing the camp leaders - optional for a display/math center
- Clocks (several options) to help students with the telling time or elapsed time problems - optional
- A blank page with clip art for students to write their own word problem/s - optional
I hope your students have fun at Roundwood Camp!
Visit my store, MathCritters, for more great math games, activities, and worksheets.