‘BULLY-FREE ZONE!’ (K-7) is a curriculum-aligned, positive behaviours approach to dealing with unacceptable behaviours in schools (see a school assembly performance video, below).
Our read, sing & learn along song video discusses strategies for dealing with negative behaviours, getting the whole school on the same page about behavioural expectations.
'Bully-Free Zone!' is also downloadable as an MP3 song & lesson materials (vocal track, lyric sheet, Outcomes & Suggested activities, and bonus instrumental track.
Song Video Preview Sample:
A School Assembly Performance Video of 'Bully-Free Zone!':
“Students from St Kieran's Catholic Primary School have been involved in the recording of this Keystone Creations song which promotes a positive behaviours/values approach to the serious issue of bullying. The song lyrics and catchy chorus, 'Bullying is NOT OK - NO WAY!' help students to understand and address this unacceptable behaviour.”
~ (Mrs Terri Paterson, Principal)
- ‘Absolutely gorgeous, thank you. what a beautiful, wonderful, positive thing for our children to remember. All the best to you.'
~ Kath Gustafson - Parent, St Kieran's Primary School
- ‘I have just listened to it twice, and my foot was tapping away. It is brilliant. Well done!!'
~ Stephanie Keogh - parent, St Kieran's Primary School
- ‘Wow... this is amazing!' ~ Sondra Hamill - Parent, St Kieran's Primary School
Students' Letter to the Local Newspaper (children teaching children) (more BFZ! media - scroll down website page):
- Listen to Nuala's Radio 2UE interview
- BLOG POST: 'Bully-Free Zone!'
- Bully-free Zone!' School Project
An illustrated, Curriculum Karaoke™ read, sing & learn along song video MP4 for use on computers, smart boards and other technological devices).
Students read, sing & learn along as the curriculum-aligned MP4 song & lyrics video plays, and lyrics display on your classroom whiteboard and/or other technological devices!
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read / sing / learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a powerpoint - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read/sing along together.
• Stop video at any time, to discuss/clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.
Blog Post: ‘Curriculum Karaoke™
Our songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & integrate classroom learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick-starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Poetry units (lyric sheets)
• Arts integration
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Creating unity
• Distance learning...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
PINTEREST BOARD: ‘Bully-Free Zone!’ (lesson activities, posters, etc.)
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song video is for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®
Check out KEYSTONE CREATIONS for more resources.