This collection of materials covers the basics of designing an eating plan for healthy populations. It teaches students to calculate a daily calorie goal and then utilize the USDA Dietary Guidelines to create an eating plan for a normal healthy population.
Students will learn how to calculate a resting metabolic rate of an individual and then use this to determine a person's Total Daily Energy Expenditure. The lesson also reviews the current Dietary Guidelines and includes highlights as well as the general guidelines presented.
Included in the download:
- 26 slide interactive Powerpoint
- "Lunch Through the Decades" Game (typically used as a hook)
- "Cheat Sheet" with formulas for calculating
- "Burn Baby, Burn" worksheet (for exploring RMR) (answer key included)
- "My Eating Evaluation" activity/worksheet (for exploring Dietary Guidelines)
- 2 Nutrition Case Studies (for practicing TDEE calculating and creating diet plans) (answer key included)
- 2 Instructional videos (one for the PowerPoint and one for supplemental activities)
Looking for more content like this? Visit my store HERE!
Follow me on Facebook! Click HERE!