Cold weather outside makes us all think of teaching an absolutely cool topic to holiday weary students--PENGUINS! The show begins with one play containing various general facts about penguins. There are enough parts in this play for
EVERY student in your classroom! As well as a play dealing with general penguin facts, this product also contains a play about each of the following penguins and their life cycles--Rockhopper penguins, Emperor penguins, Adelie penguins, Chinstrap penguins, Little Blue penguins, and African Black-Footed penguins! Each of the speciality plays is written in rhyme to help your students increase their fluency and expression skills while learning some important facts about these fascinating creature! This unit integrates math and science skills with informational reading and comprehension and map reading. All of the materials you need to make YOUR penguin unit fun and exciting for students!
This product also contains FOUR informational passages with comprehension
activities for the students to complete.
Penguin Adaptations, Penguin Predators, Courtship and Communication the
Penguin Way, as well as Penguins vs Birds
- a penguin craftivity to make for each play! Headbands for students to wear
while performing the plays with directions for coloring and assembling.
- maps of the habitat of each penguin with written activities for students to
- anchor charts of the seventeen types of penguins, a chart to compare the
heights of various penguins, as well as the penguin life cycle
- a color, cut, and paste penguin life cycle activity
- an Identify the Penguin Parts activity for students to label
- KWL chart
- Chart with penguin adjectives and verbs
- Colorful photographs of each type of penguin in action
- Illustrated vocabulary anchor charts of various penguin activities--
tobogganing, preening, ...
- Vocabulary cards to post in a pocket chart or on your classroom wall
- Fun and exciting vocabulary activities for students to complete!
- Photographs of what penguins eat, as well as predators that prey on them
- Ideas for how your students can help to save those penguins that are
-Venn diagrams to compare and contrast the various kinds of penguins--color,
habitat, breeding habits, size. . .
- A graphing activity in which students graph penguins by their weight
A fun classroom activity to do and perform for other classrooms or grade levels
at your school!
Number of Parts in each Play: Every child in your class gets a chance to participate! Laminate the covers and use year after year.
Adelie Penguins: 6 parts
Rockhopper Penguins: 5 parts
Little Blue Penguins: 5 parts
Chinstrap Penguins: 5 parts
African Footed Penguins: 5 parts
Emperor Penguins: 5 parts
General Penguin Facts Play: Enough parts for each classroom member to have
one or two parts