Students will find the volume of cylinders.
This activity can be administered several different ways to fit your specific classroom needs. This can be given as individual work, or as group work in order to work cooperatively. I administer this in my classroom as a mini breakout box.
Breakout Box Directions:
Place a lockbox somewhere in the room with a reward inside. Rewards can be candy, class coupons, extra credit- whatever you can think of that will motivate your students. Lock all this up with a 4 letter lock with the combination code DORI. After students answer all questions and follow the directions, the code will be revealed to them.
Google Sheets Explanation:
When everyone has completed their assignments, follow these steps:
1. Go to the link: http://bit.ly/SecretCodeVolume <----Link is case sensitive
2. Click on “File”-à”Make a copy”
3. Click on “Format”à”Conditional formatting”. A box will appear to the right.
4. Click on the first box- black box
5. Click the box that is under “text is exactly” and erase the “0” and replace it with the answer to number 1.
6. Click, “Done” and continue this process for all questions going in order down the Conditional Formatting screen.
Lockbox- I use this one --> Keter Plastic Toolbox (I get mine at Wal-mart)
4-letter combination lock- I use this one--> Amazon- 4 Letter Lock
Play the video below for step by step instructions