'Wake Up!' (Grades K -12) is a curriculum-aligned song that incorporates the themes of gratitude, empathy, mindfulness, and compassion - core elements for building resilience and nurturing the human spirit.
The narrative style song takes students on a journey of self-discovery, through the eyes of a young girl who is awakened to the world around her and her place in it.
The lyrics and strong visuals help students to see the positives in their world, despite the challenges they might face, and to understand they are able to reach out to others for support.
***(We have used images of Kathryn's younger daughter for the main character, and the video also features images of her other daughter and her son. :-)
- Mp3 Vocal Track
- PDF Lyrics
- PDF Learning & Values Outcomes; Suggested Activities; Step-by-step, Assembly & Performance Piece
- Bonus music score
Song video version also available for download (here's a sample so you hear how this song goes):
Our curriculum-aligned songs are professionally-produced, target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents, and support and integrate classroom and home learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
- Motivating and engaging students
- Introducing new units of work
- Kickstarting discussion
- Summarising & reinforcing learning content
- Aiding recall of important information
- Extending literacy
- Assembly & performance items
- Integrated learning
- Arts integration
- Poetry study/units (lyrics)
- Distance learning & homeschooling...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
* 'Absolutely beautiful and very moving! A great song and lesson for any time of the year (I'll be using it for thanksgiving). Thank you!' ~ Paul P., Teacher, TPT
(5/5 Star Rating)
* 'Thank you.' ~ Chelsea L., Teacher TPT
(5/5 Star Rating)
- PINTEREST BOARD: ‘Wake Up!'
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on INSTAGRAM
- Follow BLOG
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'®