- multi-digit addition, subtraction, multiplication, and long division (no decimals), unit conversion (ounces to pounds), money management - Printable & Digital (EDITABLE). Use this activity in your classroom to have your students incorporate critical thinking, and Thanksgiving Math in a fun way.
Students have to fatten their turkey before Thanksgiving. They have a budget to spend on food. They must spend it wisely because some products make the turkey fatter than others. The turkey's diet must be balanced, so they must stick to strict rules. They can use the magic potion on selected foods to triple weight gain.
This project covers (10pages):
- multi-digit addition & subtraction (no decimals),
- multiplication & long division (no decimals),
- unit conversion (ounces to pounds),
- money management,
This resource includes:
- The editable digital version in Google Slides™.
- The editable PowerPoint™ version.
- The printable version in PDF (color).
- The printable version in PDF (black & white).
- An example of a completed project.
- The Grading Rubric.
Check out Inspire Math Matematyka for more resources.