This lesson and supporting resources provide an extremely detailed account for the full history of sound within Film and the Film Industry. This massive lesson covers the full history from early experiments with both sound and image all the way through to modern-day surround sound systems. The material in this resource would easily cover 4 to 5 lessons over roughly 5 or 6 weeks and would be excellent for Music technology, Film Studies and Media lessons.
All material, presentations and worksheets, within this resource has been recently updated and now includes links to online 'Distance Learning' versions through Google Slides™. This allowing extra flexibility and continued support if students are learning and engaging from outside the classroom at home.
The presentation/lecture covers the development of sound technology and how it developed alongside the Film Industry throughout the Golden Era to contemporary Cinema. The presentation has 50 detailed slides, these with embedded video links and examples to YouTube, thus providing an excellent addition to the resource.
This resource also comes with 4 classroom tasks that can be completed alongside the lesson/presentation and integrated videos, and will aid learning and revision for learners. Part of this is a very interactive lesson where students “map” the history of audio technology in film with a “Cut-Out Timeline”. Moreover, all these classroom tasks come with Answer-Sheets, to aid marking of student’s submitted work.
Furthermore, each of these Classroom Tasks come in a “No Style”, black and white print out or an attractive, “Styled” version to help engage learners.
This resource also comes with an Infographic resource to aid learning. This covering the full timeline of Sound from 1894 to modern-day. This also has embedded YouTube videos links for many of the major dates throughout the Timeline.
In this package:
- PRESENTATION – History of Sound in Film (.pdf High quality)
- PRESENTATION – History of Sound in Film (.pdf compressed quality)
- PRESENTATION – History of Sound in Film (.pptx PowerPoint - read-only)
- VIDEO – Revision video of the presentation to aid learning and help with student learning.
- GOOGLE SLIDES™ - Resource sheet with links to Digital Learning version of material (.pdf)
- INFOGRAPHIC – Timeline of major dates for Sounds development within the film industry.
(.pdf High quality)
- WORKSHEET – Class Task 1-Sounds Found in Film & Early "Talkies"– Styled (.pdf file)
- WORKSHEET – Class Task 1- Sounds Found in Film & Early "Talkies – Not Styled (.pdf file)
- ANSWER SHEET – Class Task 1- Sounds Found in Film & Early "Talkies – (.pdf file)
Unlimited copies for you. However, you may not distribute additional copies to friends, fellow teachers, or students.
Freebies and Discounts:
Follow me on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated with discounts and freebies. There are also lots of Free resources offered in my store!
Comments...We Love 'Em!
Your feedback brightens our day and helps us continually improve our products. If you download this, we'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. Thanks!
Get Social with The Music Espionage:
If you would like to see more of our lessons, infographics, and teaching resources please like and follow on social media platforms and the TpT store. Why not even become a Fan on Patreon, and get early access to material, free video lesson content, and lots, lots more.