This lesson and supporting resources provide an extremely detailed account of how modern films used and employ many different sound and music effects throughout films.
All material, presentations and worksheets, within this resource has been recently updated and now includes links to online 'Distance Learning' versions through Google Slides™. This allowing extra flexibility and continued support if students are learning and engaging from outside the classroom at home.
The lesson presentation covers these key areas in detail;
- Importance of Sound and music in Film
- Diegetic and Non-Diegetic Sound
- Film Dialogue
- Voice Overs
- Film Score and Musical Soundtracks
- The significance of film music
- Sound Effects in films
- Foley and Sound Design
- Ambient Sounds in Films
- Getting Creative with Sound – Sound Bridges
- J and L Cuts in Films
- Parallel and Contrapuntal Sounds
The presentation comes with convenient embedded YouTube video examples, this aiding learning and ensuring a very interactive lesson that engages with learners throughout.
This resource also comes with 3 separate worksheet tasks that can be completed as homework or in-class projects. One of these is directly linked to the lesson presentation, allowing learners to follow along during the lesson, but also providing greater engagement. This classroom task comes in a “No Style”, black and white print out or an attractive, “Styled” version.
In this package:
- PRESENTATION – How Sound is Used in Films (.pdf High quality)
- PRESENTATION – How Sound is Used in Films (.pdf compressed quality)
- PRESENTATION – How Sound is Used in Films (.pptx PowerPoint - read-only)
- VIDEO – Revision video of the presentation to aid learning and help with student learning.
- GOOGLE SLIDES™ - Resource sheet with links to Digital Learning version of material (.pdf)
- WORKSHEET – Class Task (Linked with Presentation) (.pdf Plain - Not Styled)
- WORKSHEET – Class Task (Linked with Presentation) (.pdf Plain - STYLED)
- HOMEWORK – Class Task- Important Words to Remember (.pdf Plain - Not Styled)
- ANSWERS – Homework- Important Words to Remember (.pdf Plain - Not Styled)
- WORKSHEET – Class Task- Diegetic and Non-diegetic (.pdf Plain - Not Styled)
- ANSWERS – Diegetic and Non-diegetic (.pdf Plain - Not Styled)
WARNING – Before you buy this resource PLEASE READ!
Some of the music and video game examples and embedded YouTube videos may not be suitable for learners of all ages. It is the teacher/lecturer's responsibility to monitor and check before engaging with learners. We have tried to ensure that music examples are suitable for all classrooms, but this really depends on the learning environment and age range of your learners. Thank you for understanding!
Unlimited copies for you. However, you may not distribute additional copies to friends, fellow teachers, or students.
Freebies and Discounts:
Follow me on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated with discounts and freebies. There are also lots of Free resources offered in my store!
Comments...We Love 'Em!
Your feedback brightens our day and helps us continually improve our products. If you download this, we'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. Thanks!
Get Social with The Music Espionage:
If you would like to see more of our lessons, infographics, and teaching resources please like and follow on social media platforms and the TpT store. Why not even become a Fan on Patreon, and get early access to material, free video lesson content, and lots, lots more.