This bundle includes a lot of fun resources for students to learn from. Many are primary and secondary resources. In addition, many of the activities incorporate technology.
ANSWER KEYS included!
Here's what included:
Activity Package: The Cold War Begins
Activity 1 - Overview of the Cold War
Activity 2 - Mapping activity of post-war Europe (the-map-as-history.com - subscription required - the best mapping website you will find)
Activity 3 - Satellite states of Europe
Activity 4 - Division of Germany
Activity 5 - Events early in the Cold War
Activity 6 - Nuclear attack - students choose a bomb and using a website determine the different effects that would result. They can choose their home as the epicenter. Great website!
Activity 7 - Political cartoon
JFK Assassination Investigation
Students complete profiles on all those involved in the assassination and complete an investigation to determine who was truly responsible!
Activity Package: The Cold War Continues
- Activity 1 - Cuban Missile Crisis and Vietnam (map animation - subscription based, or simply complete as oral lecture using answer key).
- Activity 2 - Vietnam - students view primary footage of Vietnam on YouTube. They also listen to music about Vietnam!
- Activity 3 - American Foreign Relations with USSR and China (based on free online textbook)
- Activity 4 - Berlin Wall - students view primary footage of the fall of the wall in 1989.
Cold War Scavenger Hunt!
- A fun activity where students search for how the Cold War impacted entertainment. Students are separated into groups and given a specific task. Each group makes a simple presentation (using an attractively designed template) to the class.
Very clear teacher instructions included!
Smartboard Review Activity!
- All drag and drop activities based on the activity packages.
- Students can actually complete most review pages at home (instructions included). UPDATE: As an alternative, access to "Class Flow" knowledge tests provided! Students complete the assessments on their phone or computer, the teacher watches results in real time on their own computer!
Mini-Project: The Year 1968
- What a crazy year! Students have four creative and interactive options to choose from.
Store: Creating History